CLA – stereo coloring limiting amplifier.
Agressive and dirty compressor/limiter designed after late ’70s broadcasting mixers limiters, it shares same soft-clipping/saturating stage as Tanhx at output. From subtle warming and gentle moves to complete volume envelope reshaping, attack empasizing, and overall bass-pumpming. Especially great on sequencing synths and drum machines.
Stereo compression and peak limiting device (unbalanced TRS/6.3 jack on I/O).
Powered by USB with any PSU/phone charger or laptop/desktop PC or even a powerbank(!) using basic USB-B cable (same you use for MIDI-keyboards).
• Lim knob: acts as a threshold knob, up to 40dB of compression!
• 3 attack times: from very fast to pretty long,
• 3 release times: from very fast to pretty long too,
• 3 modes high-pass sidechain filter switch: filter off, 100Hz and 200Hz with a 6dB/oct slope,
• Pump switch: basically making a compressor pass low frequencies uncompressed, so everything else “pumps” to these lows,
• Cold limiter bypass, so you can use only soft-clipper/saturator stage.
I’ve always thought it would be great to hear a device demo using my own instruments, or sound samples/sequences/whatever.
So, here we go — now you can send me an audio you want to run through an amp, and i’ll send you back it already treated, on different modes, with comments. Isn’t it great?